Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pat Robertson's Annual Questionable Prophecies

Without being mean, let me say that Pat Robertson gives me the creeps. There is just something off about that man every time I happen across his 700 Club on TV. I'm not kidding. And these annual 'prophecies' he makes...do I really need to say more on that? Please take a look at the story and note his comment about being afraid to reveal to0 much for being laughed at...that sounds like an obedient servant of the LORD, doesn't it?

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson said Wednesday that 2008 will be a year of violence worldwide and a recession in the United States, followed by a major stock-market crash by 2010....

Praying about events in the coming year and sharing what he believes God has told him is an annual tradition for Robertson, founder of the Virginia Beach-based Christian Broadcasting Network.

...He also predicted that there will be a recession, oil will reach $150 a barrel and the U.S. dollar will continue to fall. He added that there will be a major stock-market crash in 2009 or 2010. (Read the rest at DailyPress.com)

Robertson's past predictions have included presidential politics; in 2004 he said God told him President Bush would be re-elected in a blowout. He declined Wednesday to say who will win the 2008 race, though, because "some old man on '60 Minutes' would make fun of me."

Prophesying is great -- when you are truly directed by GOD to do so. I can't say I believe 100% that the LORD GOD Almighty directed Pat Robertson to speak publicly about these events, much less if He actually spoke to Robertson.


And while we're at it, it seems Jamaicans make it an annual event to also publicly disclose prophecies from the LORD, and the media seems to treat these religious folks a lot gentler. All in all, the Jamaica Gleaner has published their 62 prophecies...that's right, 62:

It's that time of year again and the prophets have rolled out their predictions for 2008. So far, eight of them have thrown their hats in the ring. They are - Apostle Steve Lyson, Prophet Donovan Creary, Prophet Donovan Edwards, Prophetess Doris Hutchinson, Prophetess Marsha Creary, Prophetess Sophia Dawes, Minister Nadra Daly and Minister Carolyn Grant-Hamilton.

I'm completely skeptical... how about you? Is it OK for people of the faith to disclose prophecies in such a public manner?


1 comment:

The Deanster said...

This business of personal prophecy is a mixed bag--can be and cannot be authentic. I think demons can deceive too, not to mention our own minds. However, having said that, I personally have been given prophetic words from the Lord that have come very true. One was the collapse of the iron curtain. I was even told the exact date when it was first reported on the news. So I know it can be true. For my part, I don't try to conjure but remain humble and submited to the Lord and if He doesn't give me a message I am very sure is from Him, I shut up. Pat is probably trying to force his annual words and so must be making these up, which is bad...some kind of deception. He might be sincere but sincerely amiss. Bless you Pat to do better in the future.